Trauma psychotherapy by a psychologist or psychotherapist
What is trauma?
Trauma is what we call a given event which has led to very strong emotions which haven’t managed to find a place in one’s psyche. Undigested, these emotions remain in suspense and regularly resurface with all the intensity of that first time, even for years afterwards. Recurring and obsessive, they can destroy everyday life’s good moments and prevent the individual from living life’s events to the full. psychologist trauma psychotherapist trauma
What can be the cause of trauma? trauma psychologist
- Being the witness to a shocking or powerful event trauma psychologist
- Having felt intense fear or real danger at an event trauma psychologist
- Having felt powerless and helpless in a given situation trauma psychologist
In numerous cases, the symptoms of trauma don’t surface immediately, but can appear days, months, or even years later. psychologist trauma psychotherapist trauma psychologist trauma psychotherapist trauma
What are the main symptoms of trauma? trauma psychologist
- Being gripped by panic in an unexpected situation trauma psychologist
- Frequently feeling powerless or guilty trauma psychologist
- “Replaying” the traumatic event, regularly reliving the situation
- Making everything linked to the situation a taboo topic, rejecting any reminder or feeling which brings back the memory
- Being very irritable and having “moments of rage” trauma psychologist
- Being mistrustful, on your guard trauma psychologist
- Not being able to concentrate on anything for a long time trauma psychologist
- Suffering from insomnia, nightmares, or troubled sleep trauma psychologist
NO NEED TO HESITATE, JUST TAKE THE FIST STEP AND GET IN TOUCH !
Do you have other questions or concerns (including if we can help you with your problem)? Just call us to make an appointment or send an email to Psychologist France, to the attention of the psychologist of your choice.